Friday, September 24, 2010

Week Recap

It's been a busy week. I spent alot of time dealing with CRT issues moving the SNMP tool set into NetScanTools Pro 11. The final set of SNMP tools will be put in there today, then I have to finish up a few tools that were left unfinished.

Yesterday I ordered a new Cisco 300 Series Managed Switch from Newegg to see how it performs with the Managed Switch Port Mapping Tool. This is a new series of switch that Cisco announced on Wednesday. The documentation says that it supports SNMP v1, 2c and 3, so I want to see if it can be mapped from the switch port mapper. I should be getting it on Tuesday, so I'll replace an old Linksys Etherfast 4116 with it, then we'll see what happens. I'm curious to know if the SNMP implementation follows the Cisco codebase or is a continuation of the old Linksys code. I guess I'll find out.

I'm also looking for boxshot software - I don't know which is the best, so I'll take any comments.

No comments: